FRANCE/INDIA: Lactalis buys dairy firm Tirumala
Deal marks Lactalis's entry into India
A spokesperson confirmed the deal to just-food yesterday (7 January) but could not comment further. It followed months of speculation linking Lactalis to the business. In November, Tirumala confirmed Lactalis's French rival Danone had made a bid for the company.
Tirumala is one of the largest dairy processors in southern India. The Hyderabad-based company processes and markets products including milk, butter, [Indian cheese] paneer and ice cream. It turned over INR14.2bn (US$228.7m) in 2012-13, 21% higher than in the previous year.
The group was majority-owned by its founders, with private-equity firm Carlyle owning a minority stake.
Milk production in India is increasing annually by about 4%, while internationally the growth rate is 1.2% to 1.3%.
Danone SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
In 2013, Grupo Lactalis Iberia SA continued the restructuring of its business after the acquisitions carried out between 2010 and 2011, which included Puleva and cheese manufacturer Forlasa. The reorg...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2008-2013 period. It moved from fourth to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The com...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2007-2012 period. It moved to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The company has con...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer