GERMANY: Lactalis in talks to buy Saputo plant
Lactalis possible white knight for Saputo site
Saputo is winding down its European operations and the group had planned to shutter its cheese-making facility in Heiden at the end of the month.
However, in a last ditch attempt to avoid closure of the facility, Saputo has entered into discussions with Lactalis over a possible sale. "We are in talks with Lactalis," a Saputo spokesperson said.
Talks are in an "advanced stage" the spokesperson confirmed, but declined to comment further on the sale process.
Lactalis was unavailable for comment at time of press.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- HKScan appoints Jari Latvanen CEO
- Hampton Creek 'seeks further funding'