GERMANY: Lactalis in talks to buy Saputo plant
Lactalis possible white knight for Saputo site
Saputo is winding down its European operations and the group had planned to shutter its cheese-making facility in Heiden at the end of the month.
However, in a last ditch attempt to avoid closure of the facility, Saputo has entered into discussions with Lactalis over a possible sale. "We are in talks with Lactalis," a Saputo spokesperson said.
Talks are in an "advanced stage" the spokesperson confirmed, but declined to comment further on the sale process.
Lactalis was unavailable for comment at time of press.
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Brownes Dairy owner Archer Capital "eyes sale"
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio