GERMANY: Lactalis in talks to buy Saputo plant
Lactalis possible white knight for Saputo site
Saputo is winding down its European operations and the group had planned to shutter its cheese-making facility in Heiden at the end of the month.
However, in a last ditch attempt to avoid closure of the facility, Saputo has entered into discussions with Lactalis over a possible sale. "We are in talks with Lactalis," a Saputo spokesperson said.
Talks are in an "advanced stage" the spokesperson confirmed, but declined to comment further on the sale process.
Lactalis was unavailable for comment at time of press.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes