GERMANY: Lactalis in talks to buy Saputo plant
Lactalis possible white knight for Saputo site
Saputo is winding down its European operations and the group had planned to shutter its cheese-making facility in Heiden at the end of the month.
However, in a last ditch attempt to avoid closure of the facility, Saputo has entered into discussions with Lactalis over a possible sale. "We are in talks with Lactalis," a Saputo spokesperson said.
Talks are in an "advanced stage" the spokesperson confirmed, but declined to comment further on the sale process.
Lactalis was unavailable for comment at time of press.
"Lactalis Ingredeints: Ingredients - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, maj...
"Groupe Lactalis S.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2007-2012 period. It moved to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The company has con...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Butter & Spreadable Fats category in France, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable da...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- Arla confirms extent of job cuts after Russia ban