GERMANY: Lactalis in talks to buy Saputo plant
Lactalis possible white knight for Saputo site
Saputo is winding down its European operations and the group had planned to shutter its cheese-making facility in Heiden at the end of the month.
However, in a last ditch attempt to avoid closure of the facility, Saputo has entered into discussions with Lactalis over a possible sale. "We are in talks with Lactalis," a Saputo spokesperson said.
Talks are in an "advanced stage" the spokesperson confirmed, but declined to comment further on the sale process.
Lactalis was unavailable for comment at time of press.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea