FRANCE: Lactalis price row with Leclerc rumbles on
A disagreement between French retailer E. Leclerc and dairy giant Lactalis over prices has entered its fourth month and shows little sign of being resolved.
Leclerc removed Lactalis products from its reference list earlier this year, refusing to accept price increases, it claims, are "unjustified".
A spokesman for Lactalis told just-food that he did not wish to add to his comments in March. He said then that Lactalis was in talks with Leclerc to try to end the dispute.
He refused to be drawn on how much the dispute had cost Lactalis in lost revenue or on reports that the dairy firm continues to supply Leclerc with private-label products.
Leclerc declined to comment.
French dairy giant Lactalis is in talks to buy Swedish co-op Skånemejerier....
French dairy processor Lactalis has acquired local cheese maker Fromageries de l'Etoile....
Dairy giant Lactalis is planning to expand production at a plant in France, which it runs as part of a venture with Nestle....
Tetra Pak CEO Dennis Jönsson has said the consolidation in the dairy sector is putting new demands on the packaging company....
Lactalis is on the point of acquiring two of its camembert packaging suppliers, Cibem and Balluteaud....
Two of the world's largest retailers made waves this week, with Tesco's decision to quit Japan and Carrefour's profit warning - and its announcement of another attempt to turn around its domestic busi...
Financial woes in Europe, takeover speculation, stern condemnations of lawsuits and Tesco quitting Japan - it was all happening this week on just-food. Here's a sample of quotes from the stories that ...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry