UK: Lactalis takes Rachel's into dessert category
Rachel's has launched its new range of desserts
Lactalis-owned yoghurt brand Rachel's is moving into the UK desserts category.
The Divine Desserts range will hit supermarket shelves in the UK later this month.
The desserts will be available in packs of two and available in two variants: a Divine Chocolate Pot and a Divine Vanilla Pot.
"Following the success of Rachel’s Divine Rice, our new desserts range provides shoppers with a different way to enjoy Rachel’s straight from the fridge, incorporating the very same passion, care and organic ingredients as all Rachel's products," Rachel's brand manager Sophie Giraudel said. "Such innovation brings fresh opportunity for us to capitalise on the moments of indulgence we know everyone looks forward to, whilst keeping our consumers engaged and excited by the Rachel’s brand."
The products are available from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s, priced at an RRP of GBP1.99 (US$3.34).
August 2014 - Rachel’s proudly announces the launch of its first ever organic Divine Desserts range, arriving in Waitrose and Sainsbury’s stores from late August 2014.
Renowned for supreme taste and premium organic credentials, Rachel’s new indulgent desserts are made lovingly and with care, using only the finest fresh organic ingredients and no artificial flavourings or preservatives. Presented in individual glass ramekins which can be re-used after eating, the new desserts are available as a pack of two, ideal for sharing during nights in with friends and family, after dinner, or simply when you want to spoil yourself to a mid-week treat. Divine Desserts are available in two delicious varieties:
· Divine Chocolate Pot - A combination of the finest organic chocolate, milk and cream, the chocolate pot has a meltingly luscious texture and a rich, chocolate flavour.
· Divine Vanilla Pot - With a careful blend of fragrant vanilla and a light and silky smooth texture, Rachel’s sumptuous pot promises a melt in the mouth experience.
Sophie Giraudel, brand manager at Rachel’s, comments, “The addition of Rachel’s Divine Desserts brings another dimension to the Rachel’s brand, presenting an exciting opportunity for us to leverage our expertise in the dairy sector as we expand into the desserts segment.
“Following the success of Rachel’s Divine Rice; our new desserts range provides shoppers with a different way to enjoy Rachel’s straight from the fridge, incorporating the very same passion, care and organic ingredients as all Rachel’s products. Such innovation brings fresh opportunity for us to capitalise on the moments of indulgence we know everyone looks forward to, whilst keeping our consumers engaged and excited by the Rachel’s brand.”
Rachel’s new range is available from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s, priced at a RRP of £1.99 (US$3.34) for a pack of two.
Original source: Rachel's
Synopsis Canadean's "Groupe Lactalis S.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Canadean's "Lactalis Ingredients: Ingredients - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
In 2013, Grupo Lactalis Iberia SA continued the restructuring of its business after the acquisitions carried out between 2010 and 2011, which included Puleva and cheese manufacturer Forlasa. The reorg...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2008-2013 period. It moved from fourth to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The com...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Industry news of week - Green Giant, Just Mayo
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis