SPAIN: Lactalis to consolidate Spanish production
French dairy Lactalis Group has announced plans to close a facility in Alcalá de Guadaíra, Sevilla.
Production will transfer to a nearby factory in Granada, Lactalis said. This site will continue to receive milk supplied to the group by local farmers.
The company insisted that it remains "committed" to the "strategic" Andalusian region.
Lactalis said that it is commencing employee negotiations and added that it aims to offer alternate positions within the group.
Parmalat has signed a deal to buy Australian dairy firm Longwarry Food Park....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- CP Group invests in Russian dairy production
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets