SPAIN: Lactalis to consolidate Spanish production
French dairy Lactalis Group has announced plans to close a facility in Alcalá de Guadaíra, Sevilla.
Production will transfer to a nearby factory in Granada, Lactalis said. This site will continue to receive milk supplied to the group by local farmers.
The company insisted that it remains "committed" to the "strategic" Andalusian region.
Lactalis said that it is commencing employee negotiations and added that it aims to offer alternate positions within the group.
Parmalat has signed a deal to buy Australian dairy firm Longwarry Food Park....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report