SPAIN: Lactalis to consolidate Spanish production
French dairy Lactalis Group has announced plans to close a facility in Alcalá de Guadaíra, Sevilla.
Production will transfer to a nearby factory in Granada, Lactalis said. This site will continue to receive milk supplied to the group by local farmers.
The company insisted that it remains "committed" to the "strategic" Andalusian region.
Lactalis said that it is commencing employee negotiations and added that it aims to offer alternate positions within the group.
In 2013, Grupo Lactalis Iberia SA continued the restructuring of its business after the acquisitions carried out between 2010 and 2011, which included Puleva and cheese manufacturer Forlasa. The reorg...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2007-2012 period. It moved to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The company has con...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2008-2013 period. It moved from fourth to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The com...
Given the maturity of the drinking milk category, Lactalis is expected to look at more dynamic categories where it can add value; for example, yoghurt and cheese. Lactalis has built a strong portfolio...
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide