FRANCE: Laiterie de Montaigu invests to meet Asia demand
Powdered baby milk specialist, Laiterie de Montaigu, is investing EUR30m (US$39m) in increasing production capacity to meet growing demand in Asia.
A new manufacturing tower, capable of producing up to 17,000 tonnes of product annually, is scheduled to enter service at the end of 2014, increasing the French firm's annual capacity to 25,000 tonnes.
In 2011, Laiterie de Montaigu signed a long-term supply contract with Biostime, one of China's leading groups in infant nutrition and care.
Apart from China, the company is eyeing the development of its products in other Asian countries including Viêtnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Pakistan, a company official told just-food.
Laiterie de Montaigu's annual turnover has increased more than threefold since 2008, last year reaching EUR179m, with exports accounting for 45% of the total. It employs 200 staff.
Sectors: Baby food
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019