FRANCE: Laiterie de Montaigu invests to meet Asia demand
Powdered baby milk specialist, Laiterie de Montaigu, is investing EUR30m (US$39m) in increasing production capacity to meet growing demand in Asia.
A new manufacturing tower, capable of producing up to 17,000 tonnes of product annually, is scheduled to enter service at the end of 2014, increasing the French firm's annual capacity to 25,000 tonnes.
In 2011, Laiterie de Montaigu signed a long-term supply contract with Biostime, one of China's leading groups in infant nutrition and care.
Apart from China, the company is eyeing the development of its products in other Asian countries including Viêtnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Pakistan, a company official told just-food.
Laiterie de Montaigu's annual turnover has increased more than threefold since 2008, last year reaching EUR179m, with exports accounting for 45% of the total. It employs 200 staff.
Sectors: Baby food
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights