US: Lake Champlain Chocolates introduces organic line
Vermont-based gourmet chocolate manufacturer Lake Champlain Chocolates (LCC) has introduced a new line of QAI-certified organic chocolate bars and squares, available in four flavours: Dark Spicy Aztec, Milk Sea Salt & Almonds, Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate.
The new chocolate line uses recycled paper and packaging from a supplier that utilises 100% renewable energy.
"We've been searching the world for organic chocolates that meet our taste and quality standards," said Allyson Myers, director of sales for LCC. "We finally found them, creating a line of organic bars for adventurous chocolate connoisseurs, and furthering our commitment to health and the environment."
Ethical consumerism, the growth of the Internet, emerging markets and the threat private equity takeovers represent to retailers were among the wide range of issues discussed at the IGD Global Retaili...
US food distributor Core-Mark has reported an 8% rise in first-quarter sales to $1.29bn, with gross profit increasing by 17% to $75.5m....
The US Federal Trade Commission has expressed concern about the effect on competition of Whole Foods Markets' takeover of rival Wild Oats Markets....
Lactalis' takeover bid for Massif Central-based dairy group La Laiterie Toury de Saint-Genès-Champanelle (Toury) has failed....
Gains from the sale of its private label operations helped prop up first-quarter earnings at Dutch food group Royal Wessanen. The company said today (9 May) that operating profit rose 13% despite a 6%...
Belgian food retailer Delhaize has seen the weak dollar eat away at its first-quarter sales and earnings....
Organic Amish food producer Amish Naturals has named former ConAgra IT specialist Troy Treangen as executive vice president and chief operating officer....
Canadian food group SunOpta has seen first-quarter profits soar by over 32% thanks to strong growth from its natural and organic foods unit....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016