Lala 9M earnings rise ahead of sales
Lala 9M earnings rise but Q3 hit by margin pressure
Grupo Lala has seen earnings rise ahead of sales growth in the first nine months of the year, thanks to stronger margins in the first half.
In the nine months to 30 September, the Mexican dairy group saw sales increase 1% to MXN33.4bn (US$2.47bn).
Net earnings rose to MXN4bn, up from MXN3.89bn in the comparable period of last year. EBITDA gained almost 6% to MXN3.26bn. Nine-month operating margin rose to 9.8%, up from 9.6% in the year ago period.
However, the company said that its margins were squeezed in the third quarter when higher input costs and foreign exchange expenses dragged. Third-quarter operating margin fell to 9.8% from 10.1% in the third quarter of 2013.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review