US: Lancaster Colony Q2 sales, earnings accelerate
Lancaster Colony sees Q2 growth
Lancaster Colony has seen sales and earnings accelerate in the second quarter of its financial year, reversing the negative trends seen in the first quarter.
The company net income rose 11% in the three months to the end of December, climbing to US$39.2m from $35.2m last year. Net sales were up more than 3% to $336m in the period, driven by food sales. Speciality food revenues rose 7%, with growth in both retail and foodservice channels.
The group had booked a drop in first-quarter sales and earnings, which were hit by the promotional environment. The improved second-quarter performance brought first-half net sales to $621m, compared to $617m last year. Six-month net income was $64m, up from $61.9m last year.
Lancaster Colony also announced the sale of its candle business to private-equity firm Centre Lane Partners for US$28m.
Chairman and CEO John Gerlach Jr said the disposal was "consistent with our long-term objective to concentrate our future effort and investment in the food sector".
Companies: Lancaster Colony
Synopsis Canadean's "Lancaster Colony Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global ice cream market during January 2014. Summary Usin...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global pasta & noodles market during January 2014. Summar...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- Nestle launches Gerber Lil' Bits
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019