USA: Lance to cut 300 jobs due to poor sales
US snack food manufacturer Lance has announced it is to lay off around 300 workers, 6% of its workforce, due to poor sales. The company said its consolidated revenue fell about 3% in the first eight weeks of the first quarter compared to a year ago. Lance said costs related to the job cuts would reduce earnings by around US$2m to $2.5m. Around half of the charge will be recorded in the first quarter, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid