USA: Lance to cut 300 jobs due to poor sales
US snack food manufacturer Lance has announced it is to lay off around 300 workers, 6% of its workforce, due to poor sales. The company said its consolidated revenue fell about 3% in the first eight weeks of the first quarter compared to a year ago. Lance said costs related to the job cuts would reduce earnings by around US$2m to $2.5m. Around half of the charge will be recorded in the first quarter, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry