USA: Lance to cut 300 jobs due to poor sales
US snack food manufacturer Lance has announced it is to lay off around 300 workers, 6% of its workforce, due to poor sales. The company said its consolidated revenue fell about 3% in the first eight weeks of the first quarter compared to a year ago. Lance said costs related to the job cuts would reduce earnings by around US$2m to $2.5m. Around half of the charge will be recorded in the first quarter, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods