USA: Landshire, Inc. recalls turkey & cheese roll because of possible health risk
Landshire, Inc. is recalling its Turkey & Cheese Roll sandwich, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.The Turkey & Cheese Roll sandwiches were distributed in the Midwestern states of: Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Wisconsin. The product was sold primarily to convenience stores, schools, vending companies, institutions/food service and other retail establishments such as taverns, golf courses, etc.The sandwich label identifies it as: Landshire Supreme Turkey & Cheese Roll. This is a pre-packaged, individually wrapped (clear plastic) sandwich weighing 6.30 ounces, UPC code 97488-00003. The sandwiches involved have a batch date of either 2410, 2490 or 2550. The batch date is printed in purple ink on the back of the package.No illnesses have been reported to date.The recall was the result of a routine cooperative sampling program by Landshire and the Department of the Army which revealed that the finished products contained the bacteria. Landshire has ceased the production and distribution of the product as FDA and the Company continue their investigation as to the source of the problem.Consumers who have purchased the Landshire Turkey & Cheese Roll sandwich are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 800-468-3354.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review