USA: Larry's Markets announces partnership with Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc.
Larry's Markets, one of the premier grocery operators in the Pacific Northwest, announced yesterday an agreement with Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. (Nasdaq: PEET) of Emeryville, Calif., a specialty coffee roaster and marketer. Under the agreement, Larry's will convert its Lorenzo's Coffee kiosks to a Peet's Coffee & Tea branded coffee and tea store inside each of its six grocery store locations. The phase in will begin in mid-June with an anticipated grand opening of the stores sometime in September. Peet's will sell fresh whole bean coffee, hand-selected teas and brewed coffee and tea beverages from the branded stores within Larry's. Additionally, Larry's will display Peet's coffees in the coffee section of each store. The Peet's stores will be managed and operated by Peet's employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins