USA: Larry's Markets announces partnership with Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc.
Larry's Markets, one of the premier grocery operators in the Pacific Northwest, announced yesterday an agreement with Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. (Nasdaq: PEET) of Emeryville, Calif., a specialty coffee roaster and marketer. Under the agreement, Larry's will convert its Lorenzo's Coffee kiosks to a Peet's Coffee & Tea branded coffee and tea store inside each of its six grocery store locations. The phase in will begin in mid-June with an anticipated grand opening of the stores sometime in September. Peet's will sell fresh whole bean coffee, hand-selected teas and brewed coffee and tea beverages from the branded stores within Larry's. Additionally, Larry's will display Peet's coffees in the coffee section of each store. The Peet's stores will be managed and operated by Peet's employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1