UK: lastminute.com acquires Urbanbite.com in share deal
British e-tailer lastminute.com revealed today that it has bought out the entire share capital of Anglo-Dutch group Urbanbite.com for around £140,000 (US$196,000) in shares.
Once the acquisition is completed, Urbanbite shareholders will not be allowed to sell any lastminute.com shares for a year. They could, however, receive further payments from the new parent company dependent on Urbanbite's financial performance.
Urbanbite is an online food ordering service, which held a cash balance of about €100,000 (US$85,600) at Friday's close.
To satisfy the deal, lastminute will issue 442,151 new shares at 31.5p each.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Food safety is a communal issue and responsibility. Some might say, though, that the final link in the supply chain is the most volatile of all. Consumers often flounder, causing their own problems, a...
Traffic lights, GDAs, signposting - whatever format it takes in the end, front-of-pack nutritional labelling is something the UK's Food Standards Agency is desperate to introduce in a bid to encourage...
In a response to the Food Standards Agency's consultation paper, the UK's Food and Drink Federation (FDF) has rejected the government's "traffic light" food-labelling scheme as simplistic and potentia...
The UK food industry has announced its commitment to include on-pack Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) on up to eight nutrients, including calories, fat, saturated fat, carbohydrates, protein and sugars,...
The UK's Food and Drink Federation has welcomed the government's decision to accept advice from the Food Standards Agency (FSA) to replace the Over Thirty Months (OTM) rule with BSE testing....
The UK's Food Standards Agency has said that an effective system to test cattle aged over 30 months (OTM) for BSE before they enter the food chain has now been developed....
The UK government has published plans for the future of the sea fishing industry....
The number of the recorded number of food poisoning cases in the UK has fallen by almost 17,000 in the past four years from around 96,000 to 78,921, according to the Food and Drink Federation....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image