UK: Launch of Budgens Local
Budgens, the convenience food store retailer announces the launch of an initiative to supply high quality independent food retailers, operating small groups of stores, which then will trade as Budgens Local.The concept and related systems are currently being trialled with one independent retailer and will then be marketed to others. Budgens anticipates that up to fifty Budgens Local stores could be opened within the next two years. Budgens will supply a full marketing and systems package and in conjunction with each independent retailer, ensure that standards of quality are consistent with the rest of the Budgens store portfolio. In partnership with Budgens, the independent retailers will be able to offer the complete range of Budgens own brand products in particular its growing fresh food offer.Martin Hyson, Chief Executive of Budgens, said:'This is a very exciting development for Budgens, which gives us the opportunity to expand the number of outlets trading under a Budgens fascia. I am particularly encouraged by how our growing fresh food offer has been of such interest to many of the independent retailers we have spoken to about this development. The Budgens Local brand will complement our other offers including the Budgens convenience stores and our petrol forecourt operations.'
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016