UK: Launch of Budgens Local
Budgens, the convenience food store retailer announces the launch of an initiative to supply high quality independent food retailers, operating small groups of stores, which then will trade as Budgens Local.The concept and related systems are currently being trialled with one independent retailer and will then be marketed to others. Budgens anticipates that up to fifty Budgens Local stores could be opened within the next two years. Budgens will supply a full marketing and systems package and in conjunction with each independent retailer, ensure that standards of quality are consistent with the rest of the Budgens store portfolio. In partnership with Budgens, the independent retailers will be able to offer the complete range of Budgens own brand products in particular its growing fresh food offer.Martin Hyson, Chief Executive of Budgens, said:'This is a very exciting development for Budgens, which gives us the opportunity to expand the number of outlets trading under a Budgens fascia. I am particularly encouraged by how our growing fresh food offer has been of such interest to many of the independent retailers we have spoken to about this development. The Budgens Local brand will complement our other offers including the Budgens convenience stores and our petrol forecourt operations.'
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant