BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS: Laurus agrees deal to sell 20 Belgian stores
Dutch supermarket operator Laurus has agreed to sell 20 of its Battard and Central Cash stores in Belgium to the Belgian subsidiary of French retail giant Carrefour. Under the agreement the 20 stores will be converted to Carrefour Belgium's Super GB Partner or Contact GB formats from September and will be operated by Laurus Belgium until GB franchisees are nominated by Carrefour to take them over. The transfer should be completed by April 2004, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units