BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS: Laurus agrees deal to sell 20 Belgian stores
Dutch supermarket operator Laurus has agreed to sell 20 of its Battard and Central Cash stores in Belgium to the Belgian subsidiary of French retail giant Carrefour. Under the agreement the 20 stores will be converted to Carrefour Belgium's Super GB Partner or Contact GB formats from September and will be operated by Laurus Belgium until GB franchisees are nominated by Carrefour to take them over. The transfer should be completed by April 2004, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'