BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS: Laurus negotiates sale of Belgian operations
Dutch supermarket retailer Laurus has said that it is negotiating with several potential buyers to sell its loss-making Belgian operations. Laurus, which is the Netherlands' second-biggest food retailer in terms of sales after Royal Ahold, said it was in talks with Belgian discount retail chain Colruyt over the sale of 26 stores, but refused to disclose financial details.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega