NETHERLANDS: Laurus posts narrower 2002 loss, sees improvements in 2003
Dutch supermarket and wholesale group Laurus has posted a 2002 net loss of €128m (US$141.2m), compared with a net loss of €442m in 2001. The company achieved an operating profit of €31m in 2002, compared with a loss of €58m in 2001. Laurus, whose key shareholder is French retailer Casino, forecast a further improvement in operating profit in 2003, but said it was expecting only minor growth in like-for-like sales in 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant