NETHERLANDS: Laurus sells Spanish operations to UK venture capital group
Beleaguered Dutch supermarkets group Laurus revealed earlier today [Thursday] that it has signed a letter of intent to sell its loss-making Spanish division to UK venture capitalist group CVC Capital Partners Ltd. A sale of the retail operations, which comprise around 670 El Arbol shops and cash and carry stores, has been long expected as Laurus struggles to return to profitability. The Spanish shops have merely added to the debt burden of the Netherlands' second largest retailer, which was only saved from collapse by a crucial cash injection by French retailer Casino earlier this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre