NETHERLANDS: Laurus to build new distribution centre for frozen products
Dutch supermarket operator Laurus is to build a distribution centre for deep-freeze products in Drachten, northern Netherlands.
The distribution centre is expected to open in mid-2004 and will employ around 60 people. Laurus already operates three frozen product distribution centres in the Netherlands.
Approximately 50% of frozen products sold at Laurus’ 350 Dutch supermarkets will be supplied from the new centre, reported the Dutch News Digest.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill