NETHERLANDS: Laurus to build new distribution centre for frozen products
Dutch supermarket operator Laurus is to build a distribution centre for deep-freeze products in Drachten, northern Netherlands.
The distribution centre is expected to open in mid-2004 and will employ around 60 people. Laurus already operates three frozen product distribution centres in the Netherlands.
Approximately 50% of frozen products sold at Laurus’ 350 Dutch supermarkets will be supplied from the new centre, reported the Dutch News Digest.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery