USA: Lawyer drops Oreo cookie lawsuit
A lawyer who filed a lawsuit seeking to ban Oreo cookies in California because the biscuits contain trans fat has dropped the suit. Attorney Stephen Joseph said he would not pursue the action any further as he only wanted to draw attention to the dangers of trans fats contained in the popular biscuits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant