USA: Lawyer tries to ban Oreo cookies
A lawyer in the US has filed a lawsuit against Kraft Foods, seeking to ban Oreo cookies in California because they contain trans fat. British-born attorney Stephen Joseph said he is taking advantage of part of California's civil code, which deems manufacturers responsible for their products if they are not "known to be unsafe by the ordinary consumer."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix