USA: Lay Packing Company announces voluntary recall of Wieners
Lay Packing Company, Inc. announced today that as a precautionary measure it is voluntarily recalling wiener products produced at its plant in Knoxville because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.No illnesses have been linked to sales of the products.The recall covers a ten state area in the Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.Products marked with a "sell by" date prior to December 9, and bearing the plant establishment numbers P-967 or 967 are affected by the recall. These products include the following:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund