USA: Lay Packing Company announces voluntary recall of Wieners
Lay Packing Company, Inc. announced today that as a precautionary measure it is voluntarily recalling wiener products produced at its plant in Knoxville because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.No illnesses have been linked to sales of the products.The recall covers a ten state area in the Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.Products marked with a "sell by" date prior to December 9, and bearing the plant establishment numbers P-967 or 967 are affected by the recall. These products include the following:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes