USA: Lay Packing Company announces voluntary recall of Wieners
Lay Packing Company, Inc. announced today that as a precautionary measure it is voluntarily recalling wiener products produced at its plant in Knoxville because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.No illnesses have been linked to sales of the products.The recall covers a ten state area in the Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.Products marked with a "sell by" date prior to December 9, and bearing the plant establishment numbers P-967 or 967 are affected by the recall. These products include the following:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat