FRANCE: LDC books increase in H1 profit
- Net profit climbs 25.1%
- Operating profit up 16.7%
- Net sales edge up 0.2%
French poultry firm LDC has booked an increase in profit in the first half of fiscal 2012.
In the six month period, earnings amounted to EUR24.4m (US$31.4m), a 25.1% increase on the prior year, the company reported today (22 November).
Operating profit increased 16.7% to EUR38.1m, while net sales edged up 0.2% to EUR314.3m.
The company said it strengthened the penetration of all its products in the period, particularly in high added value, which benefited from innovation.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets