FRANCE: LDC books increase in H1 profit
- Net profit climbs 25.1%
- Operating profit up 16.7%
- Net sales edge up 0.2%
French poultry firm LDC has booked an increase in profit in the first half of fiscal 2012.
In the six month period, earnings amounted to EUR24.4m (US$31.4m), a 25.1% increase on the prior year, the company reported today (22 November).
Operating profit increased 16.7% to EUR38.1m, while net sales edged up 0.2% to EUR314.3m.
The company said it strengthened the penetration of all its products in the period, particularly in high added value, which benefited from innovation.
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform