FRANCE: LDC books increase in H1 profit
- Net profit climbs 25.1%
- Operating profit up 16.7%
- Net sales edge up 0.2%
French poultry firm LDC has booked an increase in profit in the first half of fiscal 2012.
In the six month period, earnings amounted to EUR24.4m (US$31.4m), a 25.1% increase on the prior year, the company reported today (22 November).
Operating profit increased 16.7% to EUR38.1m, while net sales edged up 0.2% to EUR314.3m.
The company said it strengthened the penetration of all its products in the period, particularly in high added value, which benefited from innovation.
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Unilever launches Magnum chocolates line
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge