FRANCE: LDC books increase in H1 profit
- Net profit climbs 25.1%
- Operating profit up 16.7%
- Net sales edge up 0.2%
French poultry firm LDC has booked an increase in profit in the first half of fiscal 2012.
In the six month period, earnings amounted to EUR24.4m (US$31.4m), a 25.1% increase on the prior year, the company reported today (22 November).
Operating profit increased 16.7% to EUR38.1m, while net sales edged up 0.2% to EUR314.3m.
The company said it strengthened the penetration of all its products in the period, particularly in high added value, which benefited from innovation.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site