UK: Le Riche Group Ld Trading Statement.
Le Riche Group Limited - Trading Statement for the 12 Weeks ended 30 December 2000 Group turnover for the twelve week period was £32.9 million, an increase of 2.9% over the comparable period last year, which enjoyed the benefit of the Millennium celebrations. Le Riche's Stores businesses increased turnover by 6.9% overall. Like-for-like increases in Checkers of 8.2% and Stampers of 8.1% were off-set by a small decline in Le Riche Foodhalls, in part reflecting the difficulty of trading from temporary premises at Admiral Park, Guernsey. Turnover at Wine Warehouse was 14.5% down like-for-like on last year's exceptional performance over the Millennium but this was off-set by an improvement of 20% in like-for-like turnover in our Garage Forecourts business, reflecting much higher oil prices. Grocery selling prices continued to be maintained at or below last year's level overall. Gross margins have improved slightly on the equivalent period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre