UK: Le Riche Group Ld Trading Statement.
Le Riche Group Limited - Trading Statement for the 12 Weeks ended 30 December 2000 Group turnover for the twelve week period was £32.9 million, an increase of 2.9% over the comparable period last year, which enjoyed the benefit of the Millennium celebrations. Le Riche's Stores businesses increased turnover by 6.9% overall. Like-for-like increases in Checkers of 8.2% and Stampers of 8.1% were off-set by a small decline in Le Riche Foodhalls, in part reflecting the difficulty of trading from temporary premises at Admiral Park, Guernsey. Turnover at Wine Warehouse was 14.5% down like-for-like on last year's exceptional performance over the Millennium but this was off-set by an improvement of 20% in like-for-like turnover in our Garage Forecourts business, reflecting much higher oil prices. Grocery selling prices continued to be maintained at or below last year's level overall. Gross margins have improved slightly on the equivalent period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant