CANADA: Leading Brands, Inc. announces record first quarter net income $0.09cdn per share
Leading Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq:LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated brand management company is pleased to announce record revenues and profits for its fiscal first quarter ended May 31, 2001. The Company reported net income for the period of $1,181,000Cdn ($760,000US) or $0. 09Cdn ($0.06US) per share, compared to net income of $807,000Cdn ($546,000US) or $0.09Cdn ($0.06US) per share in the same period of last year. Revenues for the first quarter were $20,126,000Cdn ($12,964,000US), versus $22,099,000Cdn ($14,939,000US) for the first quarter of 2000. The reduction in revenue for the quarter was a reflection of the transition of the Company's relationship with SoBe from a distributor to a co-packer. The Company's other business remained strong, and indeed grew.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review