CANADA: Leading Brands, Inc. announces record first quarter net income $0.09cdn per share
Leading Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq:LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated brand management company is pleased to announce record revenues and profits for its fiscal first quarter ended May 31, 2001. The Company reported net income for the period of $1,181,000Cdn ($760,000US) or $0. 09Cdn ($0.06US) per share, compared to net income of $807,000Cdn ($546,000US) or $0.09Cdn ($0.06US) per share in the same period of last year. Revenues for the first quarter were $20,126,000Cdn ($12,964,000US), versus $22,099,000Cdn ($14,939,000US) for the first quarter of 2000. The reduction in revenue for the quarter was a reflection of the transition of the Company's relationship with SoBe from a distributor to a co-packer. The Company's other business remained strong, and indeed grew.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action