CANADA: Leading Brands Retains PortfolioPR For Investor Relations
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it has retained PortfolioPR, a New York-based investor and public relations firm, to support the Company in the area of investor relations. Commenting on the appointment, Ralph McRae, Chief Executive Officer, said, "This year looks to be a year of important growth. We've completed restructuring the Company, successfully overhauled our balance sheet, strengthened top management and are primed to go. We've increased the number of brands we represent and expanded our distribution channels. Most important, sales are up and we've had a substantial positive swing in net income. Going forward, we expect both this trend and the momentum to build. We expect our soon-to-be-launched Quick.com home replenishment and distribution subsidiary to fuel this growth in coming years." "It's important for the financial community to understand the Leading Brands story. We've engaged PortfolioPR to communicate our value to investors and the financial media and believe their unique combination of investor relations skills, experience with food and internet-related companies as well as their presentation technology expertise, will enable us to communicate our major accomplishments, efficiently and effectively." Paul Holm, PortfolioPR principal, stated: "We are delighted to represent Leading Brands because it is a success story needing to be heard. Its prospects for future profitability are bright as it increases the range of products which it distributes, and leverages its warehousing and distribution infrastructure. Quick.com is likely to continue this trend, especially since its strategy is to outsource technical aspects of its distribution system to third party experts."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review