USA: Leading brands to spin off Quick, Inc. subsidiary to shareholders
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully-integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it will spin off all of the 7,900,000 shares that it holds in Quick, Inc., to its shareholders, pro rata. The transaction will be structured in such a way as to not attract any adverse financial or tax consequences for the Company or its shareholders. In announcing the decision, Ralph McRae, Leading Brands' Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Quick has operated as a separate company for several months now. It has its own experienced management team and a solid business plan. Although it was initially conceived that Quick could operate as an extension of Leading Brands' business, it became readily apparent in recent months that it would be more appropriate for Quick to be owned and operated separately. I hope that our shareholders appreciate this gift of a substantial interest in a great new company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report