USA: Leading brands to spin off Quick, Inc. subsidiary to shareholders
Leading Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:LBIX), Canada's largest independent, fully-integrated food and beverage brand management company, today announced that it will spin off all of the 7,900,000 shares that it holds in Quick, Inc., to its shareholders, pro rata. The transaction will be structured in such a way as to not attract any adverse financial or tax consequences for the Company or its shareholders. In announcing the decision, Ralph McRae, Leading Brands' Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Quick has operated as a separate company for several months now. It has its own experienced management team and a solid business plan. Although it was initially conceived that Quick could operate as an extension of Leading Brands' business, it became readily apparent in recent months that it would be more appropriate for Quick to be owned and operated separately. I hope that our shareholders appreciate this gift of a substantial interest in a great new company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill