UK: Leahy "leading bid" for United Biscuits snacks unit
Leahy is understood to be working alongside Vindi Banga, the former head of Unilever’s food, home and personal care business on the bid
CD&R, where Leahy is an advisor, is reported by Sky News to be one of a number of firms expected to submit offers for the division, whose products include Hula Hoops and KP Nuts, of around GBP500m (US$807.6m) next week.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food last month that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
It is understood the recipients of the sale documents were likely to include many European consumer-focused private-equity firms, US food groups including Kellogg and Kraft Foods, and possibly some Chinese food groups.
The spokesperson said there had been "a good level of interest" for the business but declined to comment on who the recipients were.
According to Sky News today, Leahy is understood to be working alongside Vindi Banga, the former head of Unilever's food, home and personal care business on the bid.
CD&R, which owns the Twiglets brand, is said to be one of a number of bidders, including German food manufacturer Internsack, interested in the division, the news site reported.
Neither Clayton Dubilier & Rice nor United Biscuits returned a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report