CANADA: Leckie named president of Heinz Canada
H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE: HNZ - news) today announced that Mark M. Leckie (47) has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of H.J. Heinz Company of Canada Ltd, effective October 2, 2000. Mr. Leckie will succeed Brian Falck, who led Heinz's Canadian subsidiary since 1998.Mr. Leckie's most recent position was President, U.S. Grocery Division, at Campbell Soup Company, which he held until June 1999. His 23 years of leadership experience in the food industry include senior management roles at Campbell's, Kraft Foods and Nabisco Brands. Mr. Leckie's Canadian experience includes a senior management assignment at Kraft Foods in Canada."Mark Leckie has a terrific brand building track record in the consumer- packaged goods industry," said Joe Jimenez, President and CEO of Heinz North America. "We are fortunate to have someone with Mark's experience and business success as part of the Heinz North America team."ABOUT HEINZ: With sales over US$9 billion, H. J. Heinz Company is one of the world's leading marketers of branded foods to supermarkets and away-from- home eating establishments. Its 50 companies operate in some 200 countries, offering more than 57 hundred varieties. Among the company's famous brands are Heinz, StarKist, Ore-Ida, 9-Lives, Weight Watchers, Wattie's, Plasmon, Farley's, Smart Ones, The Budget Gourmet, Linda McCartney, San Marco, Go Ahead!, Bagel Bites, John West, Petit Navire, Boston Market, Skippy, Kibbles 'n Bits, Pounce, Wagwells, Orlando, ABC, Olivine and Pudliszki. Information on Heinz is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image