UK: Lees Foods posts record sales for H1
UK baker and confectioner Lees Foods today (29 July) posted record sales for the first half of the year in its Lees of Scotland and The Waverley Bakery divisions.
The company posted GBP9.62m (US$15m) in sales for the six months to the end of June, an 8.7% climb on the same period of 2009.
The company said it expects pre-tax profit for the half to be significantly ahead of the GBP394,000 it reported last year.
In a filing with the London Stock Exchange, Lees said it remains cautiously optimistic for the second half of the year and that both sales and pre-tax profits will be ahead of forecasts for the full year.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund