UK: Legionnaire's disease traced to food display unit
An outbreak of the fatal Legionnaire's disease in a Welsh hotel in 1998 has been traced back to a humidifier which formed part of a food display unit. Two people died after contracting the disease, and a number of others were severely ill.Legionnaire's disease is contracted by inhaling fine aerosols of water containing the microbe into the lung. It is not a infectious disease, which has made it relatively easy to contain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife