UK: Legionnaire's disease traced to food display unit
An outbreak of the fatal Legionnaire's disease in a Welsh hotel in 1998 has been traced back to a humidifier which formed part of a food display unit. Two people died after contracting the disease, and a number of others were severely ill.Legionnaire's disease is contracted by inhaling fine aerosols of water containing the microbe into the lung. It is not a infectious disease, which has made it relatively easy to contain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production