UK/SPAIN: Lennox Holdings in distribution deal with Baxters
Food distribution company Lennox Holdings has announced an agreement between European Supplies, its Spanish operating division and Baxters Food Group to distribute Baxters' range of soups, sauces and preserves throughout Spain.
European Supplies believes that the high quality and original presentation will suit Spanish consumers who are increasingly demanding quality products from outside Spain, it said. Baxters' iconic brand status in the UK fits well with the products already distributed by European Supplies.
A joint European Supplies/Baxters marketing plan has been agreed to ensure maximum product adoption by supermarkets throughout Spain. This will include a promotional campaign starting in autumn 2005 to coincide with Spanish labelling on all Baxters products.
"European Supplies has been distributing Baxters' products for some time already, targeting the ex-pat and tourist trade," said David Franks, director of Lennox Holdings. "We are also seeing growing sales to the local Spanish population, thereby indicating probable wider demand across the country. We are delighted to have entered into this partnership which highlights the widening tastes of Spaniards to include quality mainstream products from abroad."
"Our decision to work with European Supplies was largely due to its excellent trade coverage throughout Spain and Baxters is confident that the partnership will be highly positive for both companies," said a spokesperson for Baxters Food Group.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units