SPAIN/UK: Lennox to supply British products to Consum stores
UK food distributor Lennox Holdings has announced that through its
Spanish operating subsidiary, European Supplies (ES), it has signed an agreement with Valencian cooperative supermarket chain Consum to supply up to 180 British products into certain Consum stores.
The products will be supplied to stores in areas popular with Brits. Lennox said Consum and ES have been through a careful planning process to ensure that the product mix suits the individual needs and demands of each store and its surrounding population, both expatriate and tourist.
The company said research shows that in the peak season up to 70% of the customers in these target stores are British.
Beyond the initial tourist area stores ES also supplies a range of 14 products into over 200 stores with a view to expand the British product range to the full 440 stores around Valencia and Alicante.
"We continue to leverage our position as the leading supplier of British products to expats in Spain. This agreement demonstrates the strength of our relationships with our retail customers as we continue to drive forward our programme of introducing ever more product lines to a widening customer base," said David Franks, director of Lennox Holdings.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target