USA: Levonian Brothers Announces Recall of Processed Meat Products For Possible Listeria Contamination
Levonian Brothers, Inc. of Troy, NY, announced a voluntary recall of 19,000 pounds of processed meat products for possible Listeria contamination. The problem was identified this week as a result of routine U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) sampling and no illnesses have been associated with the product.The following consumer-ready products with EST 5065 inside the USDA seal were distributed to supermarkets, delis, and wholesalers in Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. The products could have traveled to other states as a result of further distribution from wholesalers and retailers: -- Levonian brands "OUR PREMIUM NATURAL CASING HOT DOGS," sold in one and five-pound packages with "SELL BY SEP 08" on the package;-- "Certified Angus Beef(TM) Levonian brand "BEEF FRANKS" sold in one pound packages, with SELL BY SEP 08" on the package, and-- Presliced Cooked "Certified Angus Beef(TM) Top Round Roast Beef," sold in 12-ounce packages with "SELL BY 8/24" on the package. This product is distributed by Price Chopper.-- Random weight packages of Cooked roast beef, ham, salami, corned beef and pastrami produced on July 25 or July 26 that bear EST. 5065 inside the USDA seal also are subject to the recall. These products were sold to supermarkets, delis and wholesalers for further slicing and may have brand names of Levonian, Hudson Valley, River Valley,Harvest Provision, Greg's, and Certified Angus Beef(TM).Levonian Brothers has notified of customers involved and urged them to remove all affected products from shelves and return it to the company. Consumers who purchased these products are urged to return them to the stores where they were purchased. Consumers with questions about the recall can call Levonian Brothers at 581-274-3610 ext. 262. Consumers with questions about Listeria may call USDA's Meat and Poultry Hotline, 800-535-4555 or visit the Partnership for Food Safety Education's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review