UK: Licences of two German abattoirs suspended after breaches of BSE controls
The European Commission has informed the Food Standards Agency that the German authorities have suspended the licences of two abattoirs named by the Agency last Friday (2nd March) for breaching the EU-wide BSE controls. David Byrne, EC Commissioner for Health and Consumer Affairs, spoke last night to Sir John Krebs, Chairman of the Food Standards Agency, confirming that he had asked the German authorities to either suspend the licences of the plants responsible or put corrective measures in place. Commissioner Byrne acted after the Agency wrote to him and to the German authorities, demanding prompt action to put in place effective BSE controls. He has also written to the Dutch Agriculture Minister regarding two recent breaches of the BSE controls at an abattoir in Leeuwarden, Holland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review