GERMANY: Lidl boss quits, group cites "irreconcilable" views
Disagreements on the future running of the business have seen Lidl chairman quit
According to a report carried by French publication LSA, which quotes a statement issued by Lidl-owner Schwarz Group, the partnership was terminated due to "divergent" views on the supermarket's future direction.
Holland had been chief at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
"Mr. Karl-Heinz Holland and Lidl have agreed to end their collaboration due to divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business," said the statement.
The group, however, thanked Heinz for his time with the supermarket. Schwarz said Holland had "contributed significantly" to the "transformation of Lidl".
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Lidl & Cia is expected to continue its expansion into urban areas in Portugal with more than 10,000 residents. In the short term, the number of branded products available in Lidl outlets is expected t...
The market entry of Lidl generated a lot of hype in Bulgaria as customers flocked to the discounter’sstores. The operator, which is part of Germany’s Schwarz Group, is using a strategy of swift outlet...
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG follows a rather successful strategy of focusing on market presence, a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction as well as a highly competitive price-va...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019