GERMANY: Lidl boss quits, group cites "irreconcilable" views
Disagreements on the future running of the business have seen Lidl chairman quit
According to a report carried by French publication LSA, which quotes a statement issued by Lidl-owner Schwarz Group, the partnership was terminated due to "divergent" views on the supermarket's future direction.
Holland had been chief at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
"Mr. Karl-Heinz Holland and Lidl have agreed to end their collaboration due to divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business," said the statement.
The group, however, thanked Heinz for his time with the supermarket. Schwarz said Holland had "contributed significantly" to the "transformation of Lidl".
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD &Co. KD is part of the Lidl international chain of discounters, which operates in more than 20 European countries. At the beginning of the 2011 financial year, Lidl entered Bulgaria...
Lidl has to improve its image in terms of the quality of its products: The issue with contaminated steaks in 2011 created problems for its image and the company was still trying to improve its reputat...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report