GERMANY: Lidl boss quits, group cites "irreconcilable" views
Disagreements on the future running of the business have seen Lidl chairman quit
According to a report carried by French publication LSA, which quotes a statement issued by Lidl-owner Schwarz Group, the partnership was terminated due to "divergent" views on the supermarket's future direction.
Holland had been chief at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
"Mr. Karl-Heinz Holland and Lidl have agreed to end their collaboration due to divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business," said the statement.
The group, however, thanked Heinz for his time with the supermarket. Schwarz said Holland had "contributed significantly" to the "transformation of Lidl".
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD &Co. KD is part of the Lidl international chain of discounters, which operates in more than 20 European countries. At the beginning of the 2011 financial year, Lidl entered Bulgaria...
Lidl has to improve its image in terms of the quality of its products: The issue with contaminated steaks in 2011 created problems for its image and the company was still trying to improve its reputat...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours