GERMANY: Lidl boss quits, group cites "irreconcilable" views
Disagreements on the future running of the business have seen Lidl chairman quit
According to a report carried by French publication LSA, which quotes a statement issued by Lidl-owner Schwarz Group, the partnership was terminated due to "divergent" views on the supermarket's future direction.
Holland had been chief at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
"Mr. Karl-Heinz Holland and Lidl have agreed to end their collaboration due to divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business," said the statement.
The group, however, thanked Heinz for his time with the supermarket. Schwarz said Holland had "contributed significantly" to the "transformation of Lidl".
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
H. J. Heinz Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produ...
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Schwarz Gruppe is not just the driving force behind Lidl’s remarkable success story over recent years, but is also behind Kaufland – currently the most successful hypermarket business in the EU. The K...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- ConAgra confident private-label will improve
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Campbell launches soups for use in dishes
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence