RUSSIA: Lidl exec Mros joins X5 Retail
Mros will join the company on 1 June with over 18 years of retail experience in Europe with German discounter Lidl. His career includes a stint as MD of Lidl's German division but he left the role in 2009 after allegations the company was spying on employees. He then took charge of Lidl's UK business for a year.
Of Mros's time in charge of Lidl's domestic division, X5 said: "As MD of Lidl Germany, Mr. Mros was responsible for 3,000 stores, more than 50,000 employees and turnover of approximately EUR15bn."
The retailer also pointed to Mros's role as MD of Lidl in Poland where he led the "successful development of the Polish market".
Andrei Gusev, CEO of X5 Retail Group, added: "Frank's unique experience encompasses the entire retail value chain and will be invaluable to X5.
"His development of the Polish market provides a strong background as he steps in to lead the growth of the soft discounter format, while his track record of optimising operational efficiencies complements our proven Pyaterochka business model."
Last month, the company reported its like-for-like sales were down almost 4% in the first three months of 2012. Like-for-like sales from its soft discount stores fell 2.4%. However, X5 said an increase in promotions and advertising had improved traffic in March.
The Food and Drink Federation (FDF), which represents UK food manufacturers, shows little sign of relinquishing its dogged support of a system based solely on percentage of guideline daily amounts (GD...
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (9 October) called on the UK food industry to adopt common front-of-pack nutrition labels....
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales