GERMANY: Lidl "names Seidel to succeed Holland as chairman"
Lidl announced the departure of former chairman Karl Heinz Holland citing "irreconcilable" views on the direction of the business
Lidl has reportedly appointed Sven Seidel, director of the development division of the Schwarz Group, as chairman to replace Karl-Heinz Holland.
Holland's departure was announced yesterday (21 March) in a blunt statement which cited divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business, between himself and Lidl.
Holland had been chairman at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
Lidl failed to respond to just-food's requests for comment.
Lidl & Cia is expected to continue its expansion into urban areas in Portugal with more than 10,000 residents. In the short term, the number of branded products available in Lidl outlets is expected t...
The market entry of Lidl generated a lot of hype in Bulgaria as customers flocked to the discounter’sstores. The operator, which is part of Germany’s Schwarz Group, is using a strategy of swift outlet...
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG follows a rather successful strategy of focusing on market presence, a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction as well as a highly competitive price-va...
One of the sales drivers of Lidl België GmbH & Co KG is its expansion policy. Partnering with landlords and real estate agencies such as Retail Estates SA, Lidl’s expansion team in Belgium has various...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom