GERMANY: Lidl "names Seidel to succeed Holland as chairman"
Lidl announced the departure of former chairman Karl Heinz Holland citing "irreconcilable" views on the direction of the business
Lidl has reportedly appointed Sven Seidel, director of the development division of the Schwarz Group, as chairman to replace Karl-Heinz Holland.
Holland's departure was announced yesterday (21 March) in a blunt statement which cited divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business, between himself and Lidl.
Holland had been chairman at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
Lidl failed to respond to just-food's requests for comment.
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD &Co. KD is part of the Lidl international chain of discounters, which operates in more than 20 European countries. At the beginning of the 2011 financial year, Lidl entered Bulgaria...
Lidl has to improve its image in terms of the quality of its products: The issue with contaminated steaks in 2011 created problems for its image and the company was still trying to improve its reputat...
One of the sales drivers for Lidl België is its expansion policy. Partnering with landlords and real estate agencies such as Retail Estates, Lidl Belgium’s expansion team has various ongoing developme...
Discounter Lidl Dienstleistung is part of the group Schwarz Beteiligungs (together with the Kaufland hypermarkets), and therefore its strategic direction is embedded into that of the company as a whol...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus