GERMANY: Lidl "names Seidel to succeed Holland as chairman"
Lidl announced the departure of former chairman Karl Heinz Holland citing "irreconcilable" views on the direction of the business
Lidl has reportedly appointed Sven Seidel, director of the development division of the Schwarz Group, as chairman to replace Karl-Heinz Holland.
Holland's departure was announced yesterday (21 March) in a blunt statement which cited divergent and irreconcilable views on the future strategic direction of the business, between himself and Lidl.
Holland had been chairman at the firm since 2008. He had been with Lidl for 23 years.
Lidl failed to respond to just-food's requests for comment.
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD &Co. KD is part of the Lidl international chain of discounters, which operates in more than 20 European countries. At the beginning of the 2011 financial year, Lidl entered Bulgaria...
Lidl has to improve its image in terms of the quality of its products: The issue with contaminated steaks in 2011 created problems for its image and the company was still trying to improve its reputat...
Discounter Lidl Dienstleistung is part of the group Schwarz Beteiligungs (together with the Kaufland hypermarkets), and therefore its strategic direction is embedded into that of the company as a whol...
Since its entry to into Switzerland in 2009, Lidl has pursued a strategy of expansion. By 2014, the company sees the potential for 150-200 Lidl stores in Switzerland. The discounter is clearly focusin...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits