GERMANY/NORWAY: Lidl plans purchase of Norwegian dairy
German discount retail giant Lidl is reportedly planning to buy a dairy in Drammen, southeastern Norway for around NOK30m (US$4.2m). Lidl has struggled to find dairies in Scandinavia willing to supply milk to its discount outlets, and has in some cases had to bring in milk from Germany to fill the gap. The retailer wants to sell the milk under its own brand
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund