GERMANY/NORWAY: Lidl plans purchase of Norwegian dairy
German discount retail giant Lidl is reportedly planning to buy a dairy in Drammen, southeastern Norway for around NOK30m (US$4.2m). Lidl has struggled to find dairies in Scandinavia willing to supply milk to its discount outlets, and has in some cases had to bring in milk from Germany to fill the gap. The retailer wants to sell the milk under its own brand
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill