HORSEMEAT: Lidl recalls lines in Finland, Sweden, Denmark
Lidl had initially withdrawn the products at the weekend as a precaution
Discount retailer Lidl has pulled two products from its shelves in Finland, Sweden and Denmark after tests found traces of horsemeat.
The retailer has recalled its Coquette Premium Beef Goulash and its frozen Combino Penne Bolognese across is Sweden and Finland stores and the Penne dish in Denmark, it said today (19 February).
Lidl had initially withdrawn the products over the weekend as a precaution. However, subsequent tests on the products found horse DNA in both lines, it said in a notice on its website.
"You are of course welcome to return the item, even without a receipt," the retailer said. "Lidl are following developments very closely and consistently and will take the necessary actions to continue. We want to emphasize that the products are not harmful to health."
The goulash product was produced by German group Dreistern-Konserven. The company issued a notice on its website confirming the recall and confirming traces of horse DNA were detected in the product.
The penne product was produced by Germany's Copack, a Lidl spokesperson said.
Lidl has to improve its image in terms of the quality of its products: The issue with contaminated steaks in 2011 created problems for its image and the company was still trying to improve its reputat...
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD &Co. KD is part of the Lidl international chain of discounters, which operates in more than 20 European countries. At the beginning of the 2011 financial year, Lidl entered Bulgaria...
The company’s main focus in 2012 was the expansion of its Slovenian outlet network. Two new Lidl outlets opened their doors in Slovenia and the same number of new stores is expected in 2013. Lidl cont...
Lidl, owned by Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH KG, entered Croatia in 2003, but it did not start to see significant sales results before 2006. By offering a relatively large share of Lidl private label prod...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report