HORSEMEAT: Lidl recalls lines in Finland, Sweden, Denmark
Lidl had initially withdrawn the products at the weekend as a precaution
Discount retailer Lidl has pulled two products from its shelves in Finland, Sweden and Denmark after tests found traces of horsemeat.
The retailer has recalled its Coquette Premium Beef Goulash and its frozen Combino Penne Bolognese across is Sweden and Finland stores and the Penne dish in Denmark, it said today (19 February).
Lidl had initially withdrawn the products over the weekend as a precaution. However, subsequent tests on the products found horse DNA in both lines, it said in a notice on its website.
"You are of course welcome to return the item, even without a receipt," the retailer said. "Lidl are following developments very closely and consistently and will take the necessary actions to continue. We want to emphasize that the products are not harmful to health."
The goulash product was produced by German group Dreistern-Konserven. The company issued a notice on its website confirming the recall and confirming traces of horse DNA were detected in the product.
The penne product was produced by Germany's Copack, a Lidl spokesperson said.
One of the sales drivers for Lidl België is its expansion policy. Partnering with landlords and real estate agencies such as Retail Estates, Lidl Belgium’s expansion team has various ongoing developme...
Lidl Dienstleistung, which is exclusively active in discounters, is part of the group Schwarz Beteiligungs (together with the hypermarket Kaufland Warenhandel), and therefore its strategic direction i...
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Battle against antimicrobial resistance
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure