CHINA: Life'sDHA gets China green light
The US company behind food ingredient life'sDHA has won clearance to use the product in China.
Martek Biosciences, which produces the DHA omega-3 ingredient, said China's Ministry of Health had approved the use of the product in foods, beverages and supplements for people over 12 months old.
Dairy groups Central Lechera Asturiana and WhiteWave Foods have recently launched products containing the ingredient in a bid to tap into growing health awareness among consumers in the West.
Martek, which opened an office in Shanghai earlier this year, claims the ingredient helps to supports brain, eye and cardiovascular health.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti