CHINA: Life'sDHA gets China green light
The US company behind food ingredient life'sDHA has won clearance to use the product in China.
Martek Biosciences, which produces the DHA omega-3 ingredient, said China's Ministry of Health had approved the use of the product in foods, beverages and supplements for people over 12 months old.
Dairy groups Central Lechera Asturiana and WhiteWave Foods have recently launched products containing the ingredient in a bid to tap into growing health awareness among consumers in the West.
Martek, which opened an office in Shanghai earlier this year, claims the ingredient helps to supports brain, eye and cardiovascular health.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill