USA: LifeSmart patents Creatine Soft Chews
US nutraceutical company LifeSmart Nutrition has filed a 44-claim patent in a bid to protect the soft chew delivery system and distinctive manufacturing process used in the production of its Creatine Soft Chews.
Creatine supplements, products often linked to boosting athletic performance, form a popular market currently worth over US$600m a year in sales. LifeSmart hope that the soft chews will capture a significant part of this sector, and they use ultra-micronised creatine and sugars to enhance absorption by the body.
The manufacturing method used by the company focuses on protecting the creatine from contact with liquid, ensuring that the finished product is stable and of an effective pH factor.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action