ANUGA 2013: Lifeway eyes mainstream UK distribution
Lifeway eyes UK multiples
Lifeway Foods, the US-based manufacturer of cultured dairy products, could secure deals with major supermarket chains in the UK next year, its chief executive has told just-food.
The company entered the UK in May this year, with a listing for its frozen kefir at upmarket department store Harvey Nichols. The product has since hit the shelves at local Whole Foods Market outlets and at health and wellness chain Holland and Barrett.
Speaking at the Anuga industry trade show in Cologne yesterday (6 October), Lifeway CEO Julie Smolyansky said the company was in discussions with UK supermarkets and indicated agreements could be announced in 2014. "We are in talks. I think 2014 you'll see several things coming up," she told just-food.
Smolyansky said she had become "more and more optimistic" about Lifeway's potential overseas in recent months and was eyeing further expansion, including in Europe.
Click here for the full interview with the Lifeway CEO, in which she discusses the potential for the business in the US and abroad, as well as her belief probiotics and kefir could help tackle the "health crises" hitting developed and developing markets.
Changing consumer behaviour is having a transformational impact on the US food and food retail sectors, as consumers alter where they shop and what they buy. The growing popularity of non-traditional ...
Digestive health food and drinks are products that are primarily designed to ease the symptoms of an overburdened digestive tract. Digestive health food and drink products also help in the prevention ...
Whole Foods Market is to buy four stores from local US retailer New Frontiers Natural Marketplace....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)