USA: Lifeway Foods Moves to Nasdaq National Market System; Symbol to remain LWAY
Lifeway Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: LWAY) announced today that its Common Stock started trading on the Nasdaq National Market System effective immediately. The Company's symbol will remain LWAY."We are very excited that Lifeway reached this milestone," said Michael Smolyansky, President and CEO. "It will provide our company and its shareholders with many advantages of a broader market. This move is a result of our impressive performance in the small cap markets, our company's financial strength, and aggressive growth in the health and functional food markets. This news is a further testimony of our strong market position and compelling strategy. Now we are in the best possible market to maximize the return to our shareholders as we grow our Company."Smolyansky added, "We feel comfortable with our goal to increase revenues by 25 percent for the year as we broaden our market share and continuously add production capacity in our new processing plant. Our strategic relationship with Groupe Danone, one of the world's largest food processor, will help us increase distribution of our products in the US."Lifeway is a manufacturer of cultured, probiotic and functional food products in the health food industry, and is America's leading supplier of the cultured dairy product known as kefir. The Company markets 12 flavors of kefir and does a successful business exporting its products to Eastern Europe. The Company recently introduced a dairy based immune-supporting dietary supplement beverage called Basics Plus(TM), as well as Kefir Starter for consumers to make kefir at home or in travel. With the recent introduction of America's first non-dairy soy kefir called SoyTreat(TM), the Company is entering into the soy milk market.For more information, contact Michael Smolyansky, President, Lifeway Foods, Inc. at (847) 967-1010 or e-mail at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review