US: Lifeway Foods reports record Q1 results
Lifeway Foods announced yesterday (5 April) that sales for the first quarter ended 31 March increased by 29% from the same period last year to US$6m.
Lifeway manufacture and market Kefir, a milk-based cultured beverage.
Julie Smolyansky, Lifeway's CEO, commented: "The first quarter 2006 was another fantastic quarter for Lifeway Foods.We are confident our strong first quarter results will continue in 2006 as awareness of our products grow and we continue to gain more distribution."
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban