USA: Lifeway Q2 profit rises on higher sales
US cultured dairy company Lifeway Foods has reported second-quarter revenues up 27% to US$5.07m.
Net income was $0.56m for the second quarter to 30 June 2005, compared to $0.43m in the same period of 2004.
"We are extremely pleased with our second quarter and six months results. We continue to grow our distribution in new channels, and sales from our existing customers also continued to increase. In addition, Target stores have been steadily reordering. We just recently entered into our first food service market set with distribution to Cosi restaurants, and in the coming months we hope to also enter into our first hospital/health care market," said Julie Smolyansky, CEO.
Lifeway is a supplier of the cultured dairy product known as kefir. Kefir is a milk-based beverage that contains ten types of active probiotic cultures. In addition to its line of Kefir products, the company also produces a variety of cheese products and recently introduced an organic line of pudding called "It's Pudding!"
Earlier this summer, Singapore paid host to Natural Products - Organic Asia 2005. Despite the show's title, there was less emphasis on organic principles, and a greater focus on health foods, such as...
As organic food continues to move into the mainstream, a wealth of companies, from the family-run to the multinational, are taking advantage of this popularity, with new products and line extensions. ...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
Natraceutical, a spin-off of Spanish food group Natra-Zahor, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans, spurred on by growth in the functional foods market. With such high levels of interest in healthy f...
The Australian state of Victoria is investing in a programme to identify new opportunities for its food and agriculture industries. As part of this initiative the government conducted extensive resear...
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
US natural and organic food company Hain Celestial has announced the signing of a definitive agreement and plan of merger with Spectrum Organic Products, a California-based manufacturer and marketer o...
The UK's largest organic sector body, the Soil Association will today (Tuesday) urge the new minister for organic food and farming, Lord Bach to support high welfare standards in organic poultry farmi...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom