UK: Limited restrictions on footpaths and public rights of way to control the spread of Foot and Mouth Disease
MAFF have today put in place statutory powers which enable local authorities to close footpaths and rights of way where it is considered necessary, in order to control any potential spread of Foot and Mouth Disease. Speaking in London today, Agriculture Minister Nick Brown said: "Our advice remains that people should take sensible precautions in the countryside, and avoid any unnecessary visits on farms and especially close proximity with livestock.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast