SWITZERLAND: Lindt - a little luxury makes all the difference - COMMENT
Lindt & Sprungli has reported a 9.3% increase in net profits. The Swiss chocolate company had a good year, with healthy growth in sales and profits. The US was a particularly strong market, as consumers are rethinking their spending in the face of economic uncertainty and splashing out on little luxuries rather than major purchases. Lindt should do well in 2001 - but it will have to watch out for rivals also on the lookout for sweet success. It's nice to know that the US market isn't a disappointment for everybody right now. With a focus on premium chocolates, Lindt & Sprungli is providing little luxuries that people aren't afraid to splash out on. The US has now become its most significant market with above average sales growth. Including the impact of US-based Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, which the company bought in 1998, the American market made a considerable contribution to Lindt's sales and profit growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report