US: Lindt USA completes HQ expansion
Lindt USA, the US arm of Swiss-based chocolate producer Lindt & Sprungli, has completed the expansion of its headquarters and production facility in New Hampshire.
Lindt decided to expand the unit on the back of what it described as "robust year-after-year growth and increased consumer demand". According to AC Nielsen figures, the premium chocolate category in the US grew by 24% last year, compared with overall growth in the chocolate market of 3.9%.
Lindt USA CEO Thomas Linemayr said he expected continued growth in the premium chocolate market to lead to further expansion at the company. "We are also planning future expansion efforts in the coming years to accommodate the impressive growth of the premium chocolate category in the US," he said. "This steady investment will drive our ability to continue delivering the highest-quality chocolate using the finest ingredients."
The additional 300,000 sq ft of space will provide increased production and storage capabilities. The company said the multi-million dollar expansion project will make Lindt one of the largest employers on the New Hampshire coast, creating "hundreds of jobs".
Lindt produces the Lindor Truffle collection at the unit, while importing a variety of other products, including chocolate bars and hollow figures, from its sister companies.
Companies: Lindt & Sprungli
US confectioner Hershey is set to launch its Bliss chocolate line this April....
Lindt & Sprüngli, the Swiss chocolate maker, is to invest over CHF750m (US$760.1m) in the business over the next three years to shield itself against the weak dollar....
Swiss chocolate maker Lindt & Sprüngli has seen off fierce competition in North America to post a jump in sales last year....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image