US: Lion Capital "readies Bumble Bee Foods sale"
Lion acquired Bumble Bee in 2010 from another PE firm Centre Partners Management
According to Reuters, Lion Capital is lining up meetings to appoint an investment bank to run the process.
A spokesperson for the private-equity firm declined to comment on "media speculation" when contacted by just-food today (1 July).
Announcing the deal, Lion Capital said Bumble Bee's brands held "unrivalled positions with US and Canadian consumers" and "had achieved an attractive record of consistent revenue growth and superior operating margins, even through economic downturns".
Bumble Bee claims to be "North America's largest branded shelf-stable seafood company". selling products including canned and pouched tuna, salmon and sardine. It owns brands including Bumble Bee, Brunswick and Snow's.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast